Recognizing the importance of computer literacy in education and well as in adult life, Monarch is committed to the responsible and guided utilization and instruction of technology in our classrooms. Students use computers and technology as tools for experimentation, exploration, research and presentation. Along with books and classroom dialogue, technology supports and reinforces classroom topics into discovery-based learning projects. Technology helps create the stimulating, relevant, and challenging learning environment that is Monarch Learning Academy.
Monarch's STEM program, serving Kindergarten through 8th grade, encourages critical thinking, teamwork, problem solving, and creativity. Our STEM curriculum operates both inside and outside of the classroom, creating a fun, hands-on approach to science, technology, engineering, and math. STEM provides a fascinating opporunity for children to make interdisciplinary connections and to apply information they have learned to the world around them. All STEM activities and experiments are student driven and teacher supported.
Our Technology Guidelines are as follows:
- Indentify and evaluate technology tools that will support curriculum and instruction and promote higher-level thinking and problem solving skills.
- Involve students in productive learning, such as projects that reach the world beyond the classroom and reinforce classroom work in an exciting way.
- Use technology as a tool that will help meet the needs of different learning styles and ability levels.
- Improve teaching and learning by employing technology to collect and analyze data, interpret the results, and communicate findings.
- Provide the professional development needed for the faculty to keep pace with this constantly changing field.
- Guide our students in the ethical use of technology, and monitor our practices to be sure students and staff follow the approved guidelines.